Friday 25 July 2014

Make Up For Ever - Midnight Glow Palette review

Hello ladies,

Today I will be reviewing the Midnight glow palette from Make up forever.
I purchased it from Sephora (I payed for it 50 euros) and I was really excited because I never had any product from this brand.



Even though it is a winter edition I find this suitable for every season. 
It has 8 lovely colors (2 of them are matte)
  1. Snow White
  2. Gun Metal
  3. Icy Blue
  4. Icy Pink
  5. 04 Matte Black
  6. Gold Pink
  7. Midnight Purple
  8. 127 Metallic Taupe


What I liked :

-  the look of the palette, small compact, elegant.
-  the colors are lovely
-  the fact that it comes with 2 small professional (synthetic) brushes (one to be used for the crease and one for the inner corner of the eye)
-  the matte colors are easy to work with,  they blend really well.




What I did not liked

-  the shimmery colors are not very pigmented (they can barely show applied only once) and they are hard to work with so you need multiple layers of color to build a nice eye makeup
-   also you need an eye primer before applying them so if you don't have one, you will need to invest in a good primer (I recommend the Eyeshadow primer potion from Urban Decay)
 -  the palette is very pretty but the price is too high for what it offers I am disappointed and I thought this brand could offer more then it did
-  even though the final eye makeup result is wonderful , it lasts too long to conceive it, because you need to apply more then one, two layers of color (if you work with the shimmery ones)

Conclusions ?

I give it 2 stars out of 5
I won't repurchase it again

That's all for today ladies,

Love,

Sophie






No comments:

Post a Comment