Saturday 7 September 2013

Calvin Klein "Down Town" new perfume for women

Hello ladies,

I discovered this fragrance while I was checking out new products in Sephora.  I got a sample and I want to share my conclusions about this perfume with you.



First of all the pluses:

The look:
-I love the bottle,  the minimal classy look of it. The light pink color of the perfume and also the cap.

The smell:
 -It smells like something light and fruity and a bit sweet at first. Its purpose is to aim a certain type of young woman. The free spirited one. Its a day perfume, and i can sense in it tones of green pear in it, white flowers, and an aquatic fresh scent.
After a while, the smell changes into a nice warm scent, a bit creamy too, a little peppery (it also has in its composition pink pepper), a little woody (thanks to the vetiver) and musky.
 Its modern, urban chic.

Where to wear?
During the day, at work, at the cinema, at the tea house/coffee shop.

The minuses:

Wearing it its making me feel comfortable, but not special. Its a common scent from my point of view.
I also am not a big fan of floral fresh perfumes, I am aiming for more complex fragrances. Indeed this one it smells better then the old fashioned florals but still does not satisfies me. Too plain, too light. 
On my skin, even if its an Eau de Parfume, its longevity is poor.

It costs around 80 $.

My rating is poor but not because I don t like the scent, it is because for what it offers the price is way too high. I would never purchase it, sorry Calvin Klein, "Euphoria" was better!
I am giving this perfume a disappointing 1 star out of 5.

Hugs,

Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment